[Savannah-hackers] submission of open panorama file format - savannah.no

From: gtktalog
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of open panorama file format - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:33:50 -0500

Mathieu VILLEGAS <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: open panorama file format
System name: openpanorama
Type: non-GNU

The project is a documentation project.
The Goal of this project is to describe an Open file format for panoramic
imaging based on XML.
The main work is to determine all data need to describe all sort of panoramas,
and create an XML schemas and a DTD.
At the end, the goal is to be able to export any proprietary file format (like
QTVR for example) to this open file format without a loss of data or quality.
This is not a new VRML format, but a XML specification dedicated to panoramic
imaging and publishing.
At this time, five companies which work in panoramic imaging agree to work on
this project and to support it. I hope most of the users of free (GPL)
panoramic imaging software will be happy when they will know that such project
is starting, and their contribution will be very relevant. I stand for an
official web site for this project to start talking about it to independent
developers and users concerned by panoramic imaging.
All documentations (so all files of the project) will be under GNU FDL.

I\'ve start working on it, but no specification is available online at this
time. I stand to have more specifications and an official project web page to
put it online and ask for more help.

The word open in openpanorama means that this is an open file format. There is
relation with open source.
If you think this a problem, I can try to find an other one. (but freepanorama
is not really good)