[Savannah-hackers] [ 101546 ] file list suggestion

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101546 ] file list suggestion
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 05:26:45 -0500

Support Request #101546, was updated on 2002-Nov-21 13:49
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101546&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: jrennie
Date: 2002-Nov-21 13:49
Logged In: YES
user_id=10215
Browser: Opera/6.1 (UNIX; U)  [en]

I'm a Savannah newbie---I've been running a project here for only about a
month.  Just today did I learn how to use the "file list."  Before, I just
uploaded files to the ftp area and had the "Use File List" option unchecked.
Anyway, what made me realize how to use the file list was an example.  When I
first tried to use the file list, I didn't cut 'n paste commands---I just used
what I thought was relevant.  I scp'd my package file to /upload/ifile/, I
didn't create the directory structure like I was supposed to.  After seeing an
example, I realized that the directory structure is important and started using
the commands exactly as they were given to me.

I know that I'm a dufus and should have done as instructed, but I'd guess that
there are other dufuses out there.  Having a link to an example might help them
too. :-)

Thanks again!

Jason