Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Emule Morph Mod - savannah.nongnu.o

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Emule Morph Mod - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:08:16 +0000

Even though your project is Free Software it cannot be hosted
here. We only host projects that can run in a free operating
systems (such as Debian GNU/Linux). We have adopted this policy because
now that completely free operating systems exists, we do not want to
encourage users of those systems to start using proprietary operating
systems.

If you are willing to maintain a version for free operating systems,
which will always work as well as or better than other ports, you can
then provide versions for nonfree systems as well. The idea is that at
no point should free-only users be at disadvantage compared to users of
proprietary software. Your project should always work equally
well in free systems as in any other versions you provide; if you have
some modules for nonfree systems, you can delay their release until you
have released the free operating system version.

If you accept this commitment then please register your project again
and it should be approved in Savannah.

There are some other problems with your source code:

1- You have removed the last section, titled "How to Apply These Terms
   to Your New Programs", from the GPL license.  Please use a complete
   verbatim copy of the GPL license, as found in
   http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
   The GPL license can only be copied in verbatim form. The last
   section is also very important and makes part of the license.

2- Notice that the address of the FSF that you have written in your
   source files is not correct anymore. The new address of the FSF is:
    59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA

3- The description of a new project in Savannah should included a
   detailed technical explanation of what the program does. It is not
   enough to mention your reasons to register it and give a URL for
   the code.

Thanks for your understanding,
Regards,

Jaime