[Savannah-hackers] Re: unrtf

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: unrtf
Date: 07 Jan 2003 22:09:14 +0100

>     I do not think ignoring ideas we don't share work. As example, French
>     National Front was ignored for almost twenty years and now it's almost
>     a major political party!
>
> At some point it ceased to be obscure.  Then it became worth
> responding to.

I do not think that the fact it ceased to be obscure as nothing to do
with the fact that the ideas it promotes were ignored for too long. If
you refuses to discuss, you help people you to spread their
ideas. It's not rational to think that people will never get access to
ideas just because you do not talk about.

> I want to be able to send mail about a problem to savannah-hackers
> without fearing that you will respond to it by publicizing it.
> Please assure me that I can do so.

You can do so. I understand your point of view, despite the fact I do
not share your approach. As consequence, I will not raise issues you
talked about in a public area.

I think it's pretty fair. It means that I will not use information you
give for a purpose you don't explicitely expressed. Thoses
informations will not be "free" as in freedom, but I can handle it and
consider it as classified.