[Savannah-hackers] submission of Colibri conference manager - savannah.

From: urpi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Colibri conference manager - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 09:23:59 -0500

Alessandro Urpi <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Colibri conference manager
System name: colibri
Type: non-GNU

I\'m writing for the second time a paper submission manager for scientific
conferences. The first time I modified a tool called START, which (in version
1) is distributed for free but has not a free license.
This time I\'m writing it again in PHP, and I want to make a very small program
(not as big as cyberChair), absolutely portable and extremely configurable.
The first release will have an embedded simple (and unscaling) textual database
to keep authors/papers/reviews records, then I plan to add mySql support as
alternative.
I\'d like to add a graphical web-based interface to configure a new conference
(insertion of name, place, and so on), in order for a conference chair to put
online the submission system in a few minutes.

I have a first unreleased and unlicensed code available at the URL
   http://www.di.unipi.it/~urpi/colibri/colibri.tar.bz2

This code is actually configured for a conference I\'m administering, and it
barely works.

Other Software Required:
PHP 4
MySQL