[Savannah-hackers] submission of gin (Gnu INsert) - savannah.nongnu.org

From: alexs
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gin (Gnu INsert) - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 07:37:09 -0500

Alex Sisson <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: gin (Gnu INsert)
System name: gin
Type: non-GNU

I have written a program called gin which stands for Gnu INsert. It\'s a small
utility to insert the GNU GPL/LGPL copyright comment at the start of source
codes.
It supports various variations of the statement, such as package names (This
program is part of foo\"), lesser/library statement.
It has crude template support to include name, date, cvs tags etc.
It can insert the comment in a range of comment formats.

It is currently hosted on sourceforge: http://gcpi.sourceforge.net
but was thinking of reregistering because of the gcpi domain (it was orignally
called Gnu Copyright Permission Inserter) which wasn\'t quite as catchy
:-)...And rather than re-register at sf, I figured it would be more suited to
savannah because of its gnu-related purpose.

It is currently written in c++, but I am considering rewriting in c

Other Software Required:
<getopt.h> (is this considered something no found in a minumum free os)

Other Comments:
I selected non-gnu as project type, because I don\'t want it to be considered
for gnu project until its more compliant with gnu-standards.
I would like to submit it at a later date though.