[Savannah-hackers] submission of OpenEXR - savannah.nongnu.org

From: dhess
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of OpenEXR - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:05:04 -0500

Drew Hess <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: This is a modified BSD license.  We\'ve cleared it with the FSF
licensing folks.  The text is included here:

               Copyright (c) 2002, Industrial Light & Magic, a division
of Lucas Digital Ltd. LLC
                All rights reserved.

                Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
are met:
                        * Redistributions of source code must retain the
above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimer.
                        * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce
the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.
                        * Neither the name of Industrial Light & Magic nor
the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products
derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
                THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND
CONTRIBUTORS \"AS IS\" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER
OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Package: OpenEXR
System name: openexr
Type: non-GNU

OpenEXR is a high dynamic-range (HDR) image file format developed by Industrial
Light & Magic for use in computer imaging applications.

The project is currently hosted at Sourceforge.  Code can be obtained via CVS.
See
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openexr/

Other Software Required:
The program optionally depends on FLTK, though this is not required to build
the libraries, only the example viewer application.

Other Comments:
We are re-applying after changing our license to a modified BSD license.
We\'ve already received approval for hosting at Savannah from Mathieu.