[Savannah-hackers] submission of Lumiere - savannah.nongnu.org

From: stephanek
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Lumiere - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:32:49 -0500

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Lumiere
System name: lumiere
Type: non-GNU

Lumiere

Lumiere is a GNOME frontend to mplayer the great movie player for *nix.

Mplayer is really good, but unfortunately it is a bit difficult to use because
it is a command line only (mostly, if you want most options...) program. I
wanted to integrate it into the GNOME as a Bonobo component so that I could
preview, or even view media files (mostly videos) from within the Nautilus file
manager.

See it as Galeon for Mozilla, a Gnomification of a great piece of software
This is my first attempt at GTK+ and at Bonobo programming, so it is VERY buggy

Lumiere has been tested and worked (well, it opened the files) on RedHat 8.0,
Mandrake 9.0, Mandrake cooker, Debian (which one?), Gentoo. On Intel-like
architecture, it is not very demanding, like mplayer, you need roughly 500 MHz
of CPU and a graphics card fitted for video. It works on my K6-433MHz, of
course it depends on what you play.

from http://brain.shacknet.nu/lumiere.html

I have reached vesion 0.3, now people want to join the project and do
collaborative work.

Other Software Required:
-the GNOME environment (version 2.0)
-mplayer movie player for unix-like systems