[Savannah-hackers] submission of SWIG for C# - savannah.nongnu.org

From: mdupont777
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of SWIG for C# - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:32:56 -0500

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: The original code looks like Modified BSD.
we will make this patch GPL, and the generated code will not have a license.
(It is a wrapper generator)
Package: SWIG for C#
System name: swigsharp
Type: non-GNU

http://savannah.nongnu.org/register/basicinfo.php?re_purpose=The
project is for the Swig C# Binding generator for DotGNU Pnet.

This is based on the good work done by Niel Cawse, he has a patch to
SWIG to generate Pinvoke, but it is not getting support from the SWIG
team yet.

DotGNU/SWIG will allow for the easy wrapping of C and C++ code for
pnet.

The goal will be to modify the SWIG generator so that it will generate
pnet compatible P/Invoke code to allow c#/clr to call c/c++ function.

The first goal will be to port redland swig to pnet.

As a future goal to allow swig to wrap C# classes via the pnet runtime,
and provide the meta-data from il to swig.

Futhermore, this should allow the replacement of the swig parser with
the introspector. And it should somehow fit in meta-wrap, but I don\\\'t
know how yet.

Other Software Required:
SWIG
PNET