[Savannah-hackers] Re: login problem [WAS: address@hidden: Re: Don't wa

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: login problem [WAS: address@hidden: Re: Don't want to bother you, however...]
Date: 30 Jan 2003 16:49:55 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> This seems to be a serious bug in Savannah which has existed
> since November.  In addition, she has gone for weeks without
> being able to log in and update her package, dap, of which
> she is the official maintainer.
>
> Can you please help her, and also fix the bug, and ack to me?
>

> From: Susan Bassein <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Don't want to bother you, however...
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 05:35:46 -0800
>             USER_AGENT_MOZILLA_XM,X_ACCEPT_LANG,X_OSIRU_DUL, X_OSIRU_DUL_FH
>       version=2.41
>
> 1. The problem has probably been happening to me for quite a while, but until
> recently I thought
> that I was just forgetting my password. There is a report of this bug on the
> "Savannah - Bugs" page
> as "login failure + password sent in clear text", ID 1631, on 2002-Nov-06 by
> "adl".

You posted your bug report logged in.

I'm not unable to reproduce this behavior - I cannot use Netscape 4.x.

Couldn't it be a browser's "cache" problem?

Can you check if you are told logged in on both sv.gnu.org and
sv.nongnu.org on the same session?

Can you also try with another web browser? For instance, konqueror,
mozilla, netscape 6.x or links 2.x ?

The user that reported the bug 1631 was also using netscape 4.x.
I was also unable to reproduce the bug he submitted.
While there's something that need to be fixed anyway, he said that he
was redirected to savannah.nongnu.org without checking the checkbox
"login also in savannah.nongnu.org" and I'm unable to reproduce
that. With all browsers I tried, no one redirected me without the
checkbox checked.

Did you checked this checkbox? Please, try without. This fonctionality
was made in a hurry because many people ask for it, but it need to be
enhanced since it not work in any case and since it can reveals
private information (so, basically, no one should use it on a public
computer - as told on the login page).