[Savannah-hackers] submission of ePiX - savannah.gnu.org

From: ahwang
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ePiX - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:34:30 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Andrew D. hwang <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: ePiX
System name: epix
Type: GNU

ePiX is a command-based utility for creating high-quality, fully scalable,
mathematically accurate figures in LaTeX. It is coded from scratch in C/C++,
and is implemented as a static library together with bash scripts that control
compilation; a user input file is a short C++ program that, when run, generates
a LaTeX input file in plain text (an eepic file); a script (elaps) is provided
to convert to eps.

The project home page is:
http://mathcs.holycross.edu/~ahwang/current/ePiX.html

Other Software Required:
Aside from the runtime use of bash and g++, ePiX has no built-in dependencies.

Other Comments:
The current release (0.8.8) works with gcc-2.95, but users have reported
problems with gcc-3.2; however, the whole library is being re-designed and
written (almost from scratch), so these problems will be fixed in the near
future.

ePiX is listed at:
http://www.gnu.org/directory/All_Packages_in_Directory/ePIX.html

My employer (the College of the Holy Cross) has written a letter disclaiming
legal interest in this software; I have not sent a copy of this letter to the
FSF or transferred copyright to the FSF.