Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS repository move of "shishi"

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS repository move of "shishi"
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:43:52 +0000

Hi Simon, (Rudy and Mathieu please read carefully the note at the end)
sorry for the late reply

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:35:56AM -0500, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:15:19AM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > Although now I noticed that I have lost write access to "shishi":
> > I was able to commit to shishi after the first repository move, but
> > not after the second, it seems.  Hm?
>
> I don't see the problem now.  I'll have a look later on this evening.

Please try again, I think I have solved the problem.
The way things are set up in Savannah, all subdirectories in your CVS tree
should have mode drwxrwsr-x to allow develppers to lock the files. In the case
of shishi the modes were wrong.

Cheers,
Jaime

Note for Savannah-hackers: after importing the repository for project <name>
do the following:
   cd /cvsroot/<name>; for i in $(tree -dfi); do chmod g+s $i; done

this will fix the mode for all subdirectories. Ignore a couple of error
messages you'll get about to directories that do not exist; I have to improve
that command and then I will put it in a sv-script.