Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Debian Turkish Support - savannah.g

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Debian Turkish Support - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:07:58 +0000

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 09:15:16AM +0200, Murat Demirten wrote:

> I undertand you, but we have to use some tools which savannah provides
> to coordinate our developers. I can't understand some points from you,
> for example what is the reason of savannah accepts the Serbian Gnome
> Translation Project but not Debian Turkish Support project? If we put
> the borders and our project becomes Debian Turkish Translation project
> do you accept?
Gnome is a GNU project; Savannah is the repository for the GNU
project. Debian is not a GNU project; in fact Debian is much more complex
than a project such as Gnome; Debian is a complete GNU/Linux distribution
and it would take at least one whole server dedicated to it. As a matter of
fact Debian has already set up several servers for various purposes and it
makes more sense that you use those servers rather than Savannah.

> Also our goals to imrove GNU/Linux on Turkish support for all Turkish
> users, we just developing on Debian first.
There are also right channels for that too. For instance, there is already a
project for translation of "po" files of GNU programs into any language. You
should join that prroject or get in touch with them.

Regards,
Jaime