[Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, etc)

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, etc)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:51:56 +0100

Mathieu Roy writes:
 > Loic Dachary <address@hidden> said:
 >
 > X> Hugo Gayosso writes:
 > >  > I personally have installed/configured and used Faq-o-Matic and I am
 > >  > very pleased with it (currently being used at work).
 > >
 > >    On fsffrance.org I wrote and installed a minimal wiki two days
 > > ago based on Savannah / XSLT / CVS / ViewCVS. The script is at
 > > http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/wwwfr/wiki.cgi?cvsroot=www.gnu.org
 > >
 > >    I acknowledge the value of all wiki software available
 > > (phpwiki, twiki, zwiki, tinywiki ...) but none of them was minimal
 > > enough to fit the current GNU web conventions and *all* are a
 > > nightmare to maintain.
 > >

 > Loic, how about load average?

        Note that the wiki is not running on Savannah. It is running
on the fsffrance.org host (snail.gnu.org). However, in order to
control the load average I assumed that concurrency was forbiden. When
the script starts it sets a lockfile(1) and releases it when it is
done. Given the fact that wiki based modifications are very unlikely to
occur at the same time, it is a very minor inconvenience. It has the
advantage of preventing accidental or malicious CGI flood that could
result in a DOS. On fsffrance the script does not use mod_perl, which
could significantly reduce the launch phase. However, the CVS operations
latency is much greater than the delay of bootstraping the script and I
don't feel it's an issue.

        Does this answer your question ?

--
             Sauvez le droit d'auteur