Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Cachalot - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Cachalot - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:30:06 -0500

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 10:16:58PM +0100, Laurent Caillette wrote:

> >>Hi,
> >>I've no URL to provide for the source code, so I
> >> sent it to address@hidden with
> >> the subject 'Cachalot project : source code'.
> >
> >I haven't received it.
>
> It has been blocked because the attachment was
> greater than 100 kb. I've sent another email about
> this.

When you have done the tests you can mail it to me (if it is this
week), or to address@hidden (if it's next week).

> >>This code relies on some JDK 1.4 features.
> >> It has only be ran under Sun's JDK, and
> >> we're aware that we should make it run with
> >> latest version of Kaffee. This should be an
> >> easy thing, since Apache libraries provide
> >> replacements for JDK 1.4 features we need.
> >
> >The key question is, are you going to implement
> > it so that it runs on a free VM?
>
> Right !
> I've found no list of JDK features supported by
> Kaffe. So we need to perform some tests, including
> running the tools required by the build process
> (Jetty, Forrest). This will take a few days I
> think. Then we'll let you know.

Thanks.  Please reregister when you know.

Greetings,
Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org