[Savannah-hackers] subversions hda disk (continued)

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] subversions hda disk (continued)
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:20:17 +0100

        Hi,

        /dev/hda really behaves like if it was corrupted. It looks
like bad blocks suddenly showed and I/O are extremely slow on some
disk areas.  But this is only a guess since there are no driver error
messages in the logs. I'm rebooting and it is now cleaning /tmp (not
sure how long it will take, when I rebooted 5 days ago it took around
15 minutes). During fsck it fixed an impressive number of errors, most
of them related to /tmp/*cvs* temporary trees. I'll move /dev/hda
partitions contents to /dev/hdc (there is a spare partition large
enough for this purpose).

        I guess it's time to get another machine. This one serviced
two years with no trouble at all. It would probably not be wise to
wait for more hardware failures before moving to another machine.

        Cheers,

--
             Sauvez le droit d'auteur
Loic   Dachary   http://eucd.info/  address@hidden