[Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: GNU.FREE web page]

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: address@hidden: Re: GNU.FREE web page]
Date: 29 Mar 2003 18:58:50 +0100

Jason Kitcat <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Hi,
>
> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> said on 29/3/03:
> >Ok the passphrase is correct, the connection is normal.
> >
> >Can you give the output of
> >        cat your_local_cvs_copy/CVS/Root
>
> That file doesn't exist.
>
> What I have is: [no-dns-yet:~/Public/cvs/CVSROOT] jasonkit% ls -al

You're trying to manage the freenet webpage on gnu.org, according to
the message subject, aren't you?

I do not understand the exact situation:
        - Did you ever downloaded via CVS the cvs module you want
        - If not, what is this CVSROOT?

If you never downloaded it, this CVSROOT cannot be related. You should
work in an another directory, to avoid confusion.
If you already downloaded it, a CVS directory must exists.

> >Also, can you give the output of
> >        cat /Users/jasonkit/.ssh/config
>
> Host subversions.gnu.org Protocol 1

On one single line?

Can you replace it by:

Host *gnu.org
Protocol 1,2

> Yes I did. I'm running MacOS X 10.2.4 however and not everything is
> always the same.

Several days ago, someone using MacOS told me that they ship a cvs
version outdated since 4 years.
Can you give the output of
cvs --version

If the version is older than 1.11.x, can you update this software?

After this, can you retry the proposed cvs commands, and if it fails
copy and paste the command you type + error message?