[Savannah-hackers] submission of Model Builder - Interactive tool for b

From: fccoelho
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Model Builder - Interactive tool for bui - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:40:02 -0500

Flávio Codeço Coelho <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Model Builder - Interactive tool for bui
System name: modelbuilder
Type: non-GNU

This Project consists in the development of a interactive GUI frontend to the
Ordinary differential equations solver available in the scientific python
module (www.scipy.org).
The code is written entirely in python using the wxpython library, the numeric
python library (www.numpy.org) as well as the already mentioned scipy library.
As a development tool I use the Boa-Constructor IDE.
The project is potentially multi-platform, but is being developed mainly  under
linux and for the Linux Operating system, As I don\'t have the resources or the
time to support it on other platforms.
The software is intended to be of use to researchers and educators alike,
allowing for the use of the underlying numerical libraries without the need to
write code.
This project is supposed to be the first installment of a Math modelling suite
I intend to write. The next installment , already in development, deals with
discrete time matrix models.

The source code is not functional yet but can be found at
http://cienciaaberta.org/software/ModelBuilder.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
Python modules: wxpython, Numerical Python, Scientific Python,
Other software: Gnuplot (for Plotting)