[Savannah-hackers] submission of schemix - savannah.nongnu.org

From: savannah
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of schemix - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:42:14 -0500

Dr William Bland <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: schemix
System name: schemix
Type: non-GNU

Schemix is a Scheme system, implemented as a patch to the Linux kernel. It aims
to attain R5RS compliance while remaining small, fast and easy to understand.

The intended use of Schemix is for exploration of the Linux kernel and for
rapid, interactive prototyping of Linux drivers and other new kernel features.
To achieve this, Schemix will attempt to make a large subset of the kernel API
available to Scheme programs. Interactivity is via a character device,
/dev/schemix which presents a REPL (Read, Eval, Print Loop) to anyone having
access to the device.

Schemix is derived from TinyScheme (see http://tinyscheme.sf.net)
which has a BSD license.

For more information on Schemix, see:

http://www.abstractnonsense.com/software/schemix.html

I have not made any releases of Schemix yet, but I intend to do so soon, under
the GPL.  An unreleased version of the patch (made against the
linux-2.4.20-gentoo-r2 kernel) can be found at:

http://www.abstractnonsense.com/schemix-2.4.20-gentoo-r2.patch

Other Software Required:
The linux kernel.