Re: [Savannah-hackers] cvs - questions

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] cvs - questions
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:11:43 -0400

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 09:14:48PM +0200, rjh wrote:
> hi,
> I got in contact with Rubini - FSFE
> I told him that I can do some translations for the FSFE
> since I am not that familiar with cvs, I wanted to know:
> 1 do I have to set my CVS_ROOT in some particular way?
> export CVS_ROOT=www.gnu.org
>
> I mean, since I have to checkout "co" some documents "xhtml"
> the way to do this is to get a copy of the xhtml document
> by checkout, after I get it there should be that file
> inside the directory I created, is that right?
>
> then I do a commit after the translation is done...
>
> at this point the page gets back in the cvs repository
> anf the work is done :>
>
> if you can tell me the right way to do this
> I'll thank you...

Follow the instructions on the CVS pages of that project.  On the main
page of every project there is a link "CVS" at the top of the page.
Follow that link, and read the part "Developer CVS Access via SSH".

When you have checked out (co) the module you want (you can check out
all the modules with: cvs -d.... co .), go into that module directory.

Edit the file.  Do "cvs update <file>", and "cvs comit <file>".  Then
you will have to enter a log message.  (Be sure the EDITOR env var is
set on your system).

Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org