[Savannah-hackers] submission of Amanda Disaster Recovery - savannah.no

From: bjh
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Amanda Disaster Recovery - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:03:11 -0400

Bernd Harmsen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Amanda Disaster Recovery
System name: adr
Type: non-GNU

Amanda Disaster Recovery (ADR)
-------------------------------

This Project want to build a spezialised disaster recovery system for Amanda.
We plan to provide documentation and tools to make a disaster recovery less
complicated, more reliable and faster.

Goals
------
1. Make the Disaster Recovery more easy and reliable (less affected from human
errors).
2. Make the Disaster Recovery more fast.

Plannings
---------
We plan to create three thinks:
1) Documentation
2) A \"Essential Backup\" tool that extracts all nessesary information for
disaster recovery to a save place.
3) A \"Disaster Recovery System\" that boot from CD, import the data from 2.
and automates the recovery process.

Material
--------
There are no sources in the moment. But you can take a look in our first
concept. Lokation http://www.datasysteme.de follow the links -> Download ->
Linux

Other Software Required:
We will depend on \"AMANDA\" www.amanda.org
We maybe will depend on  \"Timo\'s Rescue CD Set\"
http://rescuecd.sourceforge.net/ (GPL)
We like to use bash, perl or python scripts.

The Amanda License:
/*
 * Amanda, The Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver
 * Copyright (c) 1991, 1996 University of Maryland at College Park
 * All Rights Reserved.
 *
 * Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its
 * documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that
 * the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that
 * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting
 * documentation, and that the name of U.M. not be used in advertising or
 * publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific,
 * written prior permission.  U.M. makes no representations about the
 * suitability of this software for any purpose.  It is provided \"as is\"
 * without express or implied warranty.
 *
 * U.M. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS, IN NO EVENT SHALL U.M.
 * BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
 * WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION
 * OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN
 * CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
 *
 * Author: James da Silva, Systems Design and Analysis Group
 *                         Computer Science Department
 *                         University of Maryland at College Park
 */