[Savannah-hackers] Re: Python Exception

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Python Exception
Date: 21 Apr 2003 11:41:59 +0200

> Mathieu: updating viewcvs is very tricky. Every new version has a different
> default behaviour, which has already given us problems in the past

We should list packages that usually need special care when
updates. As we run woody on the server, updates comes from
security.debian.org and should be not be considered as optionals.

> . This time the problem was that the new version of viewcvs was
> trying to show a summary of the Changelog for each
> subdirectory. Even though blueye was designated as a "forbidden"
> directory in viewcvs.conf, the script was attempting to read in the
> last modification for it. The problem was solved by adding
> show_subdir_lastmod = 0

Ok. I noticed this feature but it didn't occured to me that it was the
origin of the problem.
This is a workaround, to desactivate this feature, but there is a
bug.