Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of India Linux Users Group, Delhi - sa

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of India Linux Users Group, Delhi - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:34:46 +0100

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 08:33:56PM +0530, Raj Mathur wrote:

> The project is needed to host the mailing lists for the User Group, if
> it makes any difference.  The web site is going to continue to remain
> hosted at http://linux-delhi.org/ , but we don't have the proper
> infrastructure to run a mailing list with ~15 messages a day, and
> probably more lists to come in the future.

Hi,
we only provide mailing lists as a secondary service for software
projects. Even though Savannah could be very useful to groups that just need a
mailing list or other particular services, the owner of Savannah (the FSF) has
decided that its purpose is to host software projects and not to serve as a
mailing list server.

Regards,
Jaime