Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of IB2phpBB Bulletin Board Convertor -

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of IB2phpBB Bulletin Board Convertor - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:12:19 +0100

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 08:25:08PM +0200, Ni[o wrote:
> Hi
>
> You can find some informations here :
> http://www.entre-aide.org/viewtopic.php?t=1081
>
> The script is released under GPL licence, but I need perhaps to do this
> more properly ;)

>From the legal point of view, your scripts have not been released under
the GPL!!
As the GPL itself explains, if you really want your programs to be released
under the GPL, you should add the following comment at the beginning of every
php file in ib2phpbb:

# Copyright (C) 2003 Ni[o <address@hidden>
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
# as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
# of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
#
# along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
# Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.
#

(for more details, read http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html)

You should also include a verbatim copy of the GPL with your zip archive.
For instance, copy http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt into a file
named COPYING.

Please do those changes, create a new zip archive (or tar) and e-mail it to
me.

Regards,
Jaime