[Savannah-hackers] Re: ssh access to sync coreutils CVS repository to s

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: ssh access to sync coreutils CVS repository to savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:04:13 -0700

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:45:01AM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:

> > Jim - Usually we've setup nightly rsync's from other box's.  Is your
> > box permanently on?  Would it be easier for you if we setup an
> > anonymous rsync?  This is how we get the various things off of
> > sources.redhat.com

> My system is always on.
> However, I'm very reluctant to allow incoming rsync access --
> or just about anything else, for that matter.
> Is there another way?

Sure - your idea of shell access will probably work too.  It's just that
if you were willing to setup anonymous rsync (and many folks are), then
we're already setup for that.  Finanal decision authority goes to the
current savannah-hackers.  I just hang out on lists to give verbal abuse
when needed. =)

--
You said homosexuals form a small percentage of the population.  So
do Jews.  Is that a reason to deny someone equality?