Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of fusionone - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of fusionone - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:14:03 +0100

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:02:58AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> Madison Riley <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: All software free to change but must include small video of
> the fusionone logo as the game starts up.
> Package: fusionone
> System name: fusionone
> Type: GNU

> The fusion one is an open source game engine which is still in development.
> Its platforms will include all UNIX Os\'s, Windows and Macintosh 7.x to X.
>
> Other Software Required:
> Needs Direct X 8.0 or Open GL (preferred) to run on Windows

Hi,
I'm sorry but that restriction you have imposed (inclusion of the logo video)
turns your software non free, so we cannot host your project in those terms.

Also, as you have read in the registration process, we want to take a look
at your source code. You should either give a URL to the current source code
or e-mail us a copy.

Finally, please note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software
movement, not projects of the Open Source movement.  We are careful about
ethical issues and insist on producing software that is not dependent on
proprietary software. While Open Source as defined by its founders means
something pretty close to Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For
more information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

If you ever decide to distribute your project as Free Software, free of any
restrictions, you can register your project again.

Regards,
Jaime