Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Hackedbox - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Hackedbox - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:06:02 +0100

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:22:50AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Larry Owen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: mbsd
> Other License:
> Package: Hackedbox
> System name: hackedbox
> Type: non-GNU

> Hackedbox is a stripped down version of Blackbox - The X11 Window Manager.
> The toolbar and Slit have been removed. The goal of Hackedbox is to be a
> small \\\\\\\"feature-set\\\\\\\" window manager, with no bloat. There are no
> plans to add any functionality, only bugfixes and speed enhancements whenever
> possible.
>
> http://scrudgeware.org/downloads/hackedbox/hackedbox-0.8.2pre8.tar.gz
>
> Other Comments:
> This is a resubmission.  The url to the source code was incoorect, sorry.

Hi Larry,
thanks for registering your project again. This time I was able to get the
tarball. You have a licensing conflict: since hackedbox-0.8.2pre8 includes
Epistrophy and Bbkeys, which are both under the GPL, Hackedbox should be
realeased under the GPL license and not the MBSD license.

You can either change the overall license to the GPL or remove Epistrophy and
Bbkeys from Hackedbox. If you decide to use the GPL, you could even keep the
MBSD license for your source files under src/ and you would just have to
include a COPYING, file with the GPL, in the main directory.

Please register your project once more, but this time either choose the GPL
license or in the description write a comment saying that you have decided to
remove any GPL modules and that I have already checked the license of the
rest.

Regards,
Jaime