[Savannah-hackers] [ 102089 ] SSI for timestamps

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 102089 ] SSI for timestamps
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:42:29 -0400

Support Request #102089, was updated on Mon 04/28/2003 at 15:42
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102089&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: tuukkah
Date: Mon 04/28/2003 at 15:42
Logged In: YES
user_id=5401
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030327
Debian/1.3-4

We generate our project web pages from RST files. We
want a last-updated line on each web page, telling when
the source RST was last modified.

It seems the respective RST file on the server is the
place to get this information from. We could use SSI
flastmod directive, if SSI was enabled in Apache at
Savannah.

The modification time of local RST files cannot be
trusted, as it can change eg. with "rm file.rst ; cvs
up". We can't trust CVS Id-tags in the RST file either,
as the RST file would have to be commited first, then
compiled, then the HTML file commited.

So simplest would be to enable mod_include.so and
Options Includes or at least IncludesNoExec.