[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Achille - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Achille - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 29 Apr 2003 19:20:31 +0200

address@hidden said:

> David Soulayrol <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl

You have removed the last section, titled "How to Apply
These Terms to Your New Programs", from the GPL license.
Please use a complete verbatim copy of the GPL license, as found
in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

The GPL license can only be copied in verbatim form.  The last section
is also very important and makes part of the license.

Also, please notice that the address of the FSF that you
have written in your files is not correct anymore.  The new address
of the FSF is:
  59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA

> Other License: Package: Achille System name: achille Type: non-GNU

> Achille is a simple tool for producing a site made of static Web pages from
> XML documents written with a subset of the Docbook DTD. Its output is XHTML
> 1.1 compliant and makes use of CSS 2. Transformation uses XSLT.
>
> Achille follows these steps:
> - creation of indexes. Currently, the process is fairly simple but will be
> expanded to index articles, files, images, etc.
> - transformation throught XSLT processor.
> - copy of files that are imported without transformation (CSS sheets, images,
> archives, other HTML pages ...)
>
> The following two sites are produced with Achille :
> http://dsoulayrol.free.fr/
> http://dsoulayrol.free.fr/soft/achille/index.html
>
> I began to write Achille with bash, Sed, Awk and xsltproc, but i\'m currently
> writing a new implementation from scratch in Python. It does not work
> properly at the moment.
>
> See http://dsoulayrol.free.fr/repository/achille-20030423.tgz

To release your project under the GPL, you should put
copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).
Put it in a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explain the reason behind these recommendations.  For
example, there is an entry explaining why the GPL requires including a
copy of the GPL with every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

> In this archive you can find the python packages (i\'m learning
> python, so it is not still very good i think) and the sources of
> both sites given previously.
>
> For the moment, all is in french, apart from the code.
>
> Other Software Required:
> Python (2.2 probably) with
>   - 4Suite package for XML and XSLT.
>   - Probably the EXIF package, and PIL too, someday for image indexes (or
> image galleries).

> EXIF  : http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/digital_camera.html
> 4Suite: http://4suite.org/index.xhtml
> PIL   : http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

For the record, notice that these 3 software are licensed under
non-GPL-compatible license (original BSD, apache license).
(It's not a problem for the registration)

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: