Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #129590] 3DLDF (fwd)

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #129590] 3DLDF (fwd)
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:13:31 +0100

-------------------
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 08:59:59PM +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:
>
> > Can you change the name of my project from `ldf' to `3dldf'?
> > Apparently, it does make a difference.
>
> I have changed the name.  Please let me know of any anomalies.

Thanks.

I thought I'd try setting up mailing lists again,
since the defaults are now correct. However,
the following warning is at the bottom of the "Add a mailing list"  page:

Warning: savannah was not able to read "mail/about_list_creation"
site-specific information, please contact adminstrators [#1];

When I tried anyway,  I got an error message.

Would it be possible for you to get rid of all the erroneous mailing lists
I've deleted? I know they're not doing any harm, but it's annoying to have to
look at them.

When I click on "Administrate this list", on the "Update mailing list" page,
the browser tries to connect to mail.gnu.org, but it never succeeds. I realize
it doesn't make sense to try to adminstrate a deleted list, but I thought you
might like to know that this is what happens.

> Also, is it correct that you haven't uploaded any source yet?

I've uploaded source to ftp-upload, and clicking on "Public Areas, Files"
brings me to http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/3dldf, where the files are.

I have not yet uploaded anything to the CVS repository. I've been putting off
reading the CVS documentation, but I will do so soon.
I'm currently preparing a new release of 3DLDF, so I will probably wait until
it's finished before uploading the sources to CVS.

I may start using the CVS repository for the web pages sooner, but  I've sent
an HTML file for http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf to address@hidden, and
they said they'd install it as soon as the CVS tree was available again.

Laurence Finston
3DLDF maintainer
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~lfinsto1