Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #129590] 3DLDF (fwd)

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #129590] 3DLDF (fwd)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:20:35 -0500

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 04:13:31PM +0100, Laurence Finston wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> I thought I'd try setting up mailing lists again,
> since the defaults are now correct. However,
> the following warning is at the bottom of the "Add a mailing list"  page:
>
> Warning: savannah was not able to read "mail/about_list_creation"
> site-specific information, please contact adminstrators [#1];
>
> When I tried anyway,  I got an error message.
>
> Would it be possible for you to get rid of all the erroneous mailing lists
> I've deleted? I know they're not doing any harm, but it's annoying to have to
> look at them.

Please ask rao or corvus @gnu.org to delete them.  They handle the
mailinglists.

Make new mainglists isn't possbile yet through the interface of
Savannah (it was before, but with the crack,...).  If I was you I
would ask in the same mail to make the new lists.

> When I click on "Administrate this list", on the "Update mailing list" page,
> the browser tries to connect to mail.gnu.org, but it never succeeds. I realize
> it doesn't make sense to try to adminstrate a deleted list, but I thought you
> might like to know that this is what happens.

mail.gnu.org is very slow.  Please wait a little bit more.

> > Also, is it correct that you haven't uploaded any source yet?
> >
> I've uploaded source to ftp-upload, and clicking on "Public Areas, Files"
> brings me to http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/3dldf, where the files are.
>
> I have not yet uploaded anything to the CVS repository. I've been putting off
> reading the CVS documentation, but I will do so soon.
> I'm currently preparing a new release of 3DLDF, so I will probably wait until
> it's finished before uploading the sources to CVS.
>
> I may start using the CVS repository for the web pages sooner, but  I've sent
> an HTML file for http://www.gnu.org/software/3dldf to address@hidden, and
> they said they'd install it as soon as the CVS tree was available again.

ok, I though some files were lost.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org