[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:12:07 -0500

[I'm currently preparing for exames, so I respond to mail irregular]

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:03:11PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> However, there seems one (hopefully) minor issue left:
>
>   Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:47:41 +0100
>   From: Erik Schnetter <address@hidden>
>   To: address@hidden
>   Subject: tree-ssa branch on savannah
>
>   I am unable to check out the tree-ssa branch from savannah, while the
>   main branch works fine.  I receive the error message
>
>   $ cvs -z9 -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc checkout -P
>   - -rtree-ssa-20020619-branch gcc
>   cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/gcc/CVSROOT/val-tags:
>   Permission denied
>
> Would you mind having a look?

The writer error comes because we are currently allowing writing to
the CVSROOT.  But why should it have to right to val-tags?

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org