[Savannah-hackers] Re: Intolerable behavior of James Blair

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Intolerable behavior of James Blair
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:26:45 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

>     Note that a feature called "request for inclusion" exists on
>     Savannah. Being employee of the FSF USA does not grant you the right
>     to skip project administrators approval. Being member of the project
>     Administration on Savannah neither.
>
> Everyone here is working together for the GNU Project.
> Savannah doesn't belong to anyone in particular; people work on it
> on behalf of the GNU Project.
>

> Right now, our sysadmins are doing the work, so they need
> to be in charge of what is done.

Your employee:

     - disrespected people that are involved in the Savannah
     development by granting himself rights without even talking with
     the savannah team about it.
     - disrespected people that are involved in the Savannah platform
     by removing rights to the members of the project on the project.

Do you consider that as rightful?

Do not talk about "being in charge", please, they had the power to do
anything for savannah since the beginning of Savannah, it's clearly
not the point ; they do not need to remove that power from anybody
else for that.

More important: do you assume any responsability in that? Is this
behavior from your employee something directed by the FSF USA?

I'm afraid that this whole story will not serve the GNU project at any
time. Think about what you have to loose here, think about what you
have to win.