[Savannah-hackers] Re: Re Intolerable behavior of James Blair

From: James E. Blair
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Re Intolerable behavior of James Blair
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:00:26 -0500

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:

> Your employee:
>
>      - disrespected people that are involved in the Savannah
>      development by granting himself rights without even talking with
>      the savannah team about it.

I have respected your wishes outlined at the beginning of my
involvement with Savannah, and have not checked any of the
modifications I have made into the Savannah CVS tree.  I have had to
grant myself several rights on the system in order to perform my job
as well as collaborate with other savannah-hackers as follows:

1) Administrator of "administration" project: to approve site news in
   order to post bkuhn's early announcements, as well as help with
   some user requests while we were resetting accounts.
2) Developer of "savannah" project: so that I could check in some
   modifications to the gnu-specific content in the gnu-specific
   repository named "subversions" which is in the "savannah" project's
   cvs repository.  Rudy wanted to be able to update the site content
   via CVS, so I checked my changes in so that the system could work
   as intended.
3) Administrator of "savannah" project: I needed to be an
   administrator of _some_ project to test the ftp-upload system.  I
   could not create a test project because we still can not create new
   projects, so I felt that was a reasonable choice.

Each of these actions was purely for pragmatic reasons; none were
intended as personal gestures.

>      - disrespected people that are involved in the Savannah platform
>      by removing rights to the members of the project on the project.

I never did this intentionally.  I don't know why that happened, but
we could look into this.

-Jim