[Savannah-hackers] Re: mail notifications broken

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: mail notifications broken
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:54:44 +0100

"Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden> said:

> Hi all;
>
> I know some folks are aware of this (and I even saw a message about it
> on this list a week or two ago, but no reply by anyone).  There's also a
> support request in Savannah Administration (102666), and a bug in the
> Savannah project (7324).  The support request says it's going on the
> TODO list; no response yet to the bug report.
>
> The issue is that Savannah is not generating any email notifications
> when bugs/patches/support requests are added or updated.  I have all the
> email notification info set up properly in, but I don't get any mail
>
> This is really making my use of Savannah difficult so I'd like to know
> if there's any likelihood of a fix in the near future, or if there's
> something that exists today that I've missed.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand how I can reasonably
> admin a Savannah project without this feature.  Not only does it mean
> that you constantly need to be checking for new bugs, patches, support
> requests, etc., which is annoying, but it means that you need to keep
> checking the content of every open bug, support request, etc. so you can
> see if anyone updated the notes or added new attachments or whatever.
>
> Also it doesn't seem that email is being sent to the originators of bugs
> when the bug is updated (anyway, if I report a bug against my project
> then update it I don't get any email in either role): this is bad since
> people don't know when you've fixed their problem.
>
> And even that is not the worst: if someone adds notes to closed bugs and
> support requests (for example, to disagree with the reason for the
> closure, or to report that the fix did not work) I will never see
> that--who goes and looks through the notes of all their closed bugs??
>
> Is there any joy for me?
>
> I do want to say thanks for a great site!  No matter what, Savannah is
> vastly superior to the ad hoc solutions we had for GNU projects before.

The recent compromised of the Savannah installation at
savannah.gnu.org stopped development on the savannah software and it
is currently impossible to correctly track down bugs. The savannah
development team will look into it once it's possible to restart the
development.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |