[Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:58:49 +0100

I currently have few time for the project and it seems the sysadmins do not either since I still do not have confirmation about how to run the interface in terms of uid/gid and architecture.

Just some thoughs we can discuss before we really start the work:

I think we can try to begin a simple prototype driven by 'mv' like command lines, interpreted by simple and secure basic functions to manage files, assuming that: - the PHP interpreter already has all rights to read and move those files
- the user authentication is already done (eg via Savannah)

On the other hand we can also just start making the graphical part with a simple file explorer, which should not display ubiquitous signatures files for clarity and allow recursive explorations of directories.

--
Sylvain