Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Savannah - Next Generation - savann

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Savannah - Next Generation - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:56:22 +0200

Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> This was my first thought (to branch), but when I tried to tag (a
couple of weeks ago) it failed with an "access denied" error. From a brief look, it looked like a permissions error in the repo, but I haven't had the time to look into it (and forgot to tell you about it ;)

OK, I have found out why I was getting the "access denied" error: My
username (beu) wasn't in the `savannah' projects' /etc/passwd, neither was I a member of the `savannah' group. Now I need to find out why I wasn't added in the first place :)

Rudy and I indeed forgot that part.
Unfortunately we also forgot to tell you to update the Savannah config only through CVS: the 'subversions' module contains all the public configuration, including the FAQ. The only exception is the symlink from nongnu's FAQ to gnu's FAQ.

I've created a branch `DEV_2004-05-13_GNU' which is a carbon-copy of
DEV_2003-09-05_CERN.

Here are some poor notes on how to include the non-commited code into the branch:

Places where the code lies:
- /savannah/frontend/ = symlink from /usr/src/savannah/frontend/ (updated directly)
- /usr/local/savannah/bin/ (updated using make install)
- /usr/local/lib/site_perl/ (updated using make install)

Some non-commited changes:
? php/tmp
? php/include/smtp.inc
M php/account/change.php // seems gpg addition for file upload
M php/account/lostpw-confirm.php // We will get a lot of these in the
// coming days let's not send to hackers.
// (address@hidden)
M php/admin/approve-pending.php // Disabled by corvus, 22 December (+ reenabled recently) M php/include/sendmail.php // Modified to use SMTP by address@hidden example.com

subversions:
Do not put /etc/savannah/* in the repository. Contain passwords...
Not version controlled.

Of course we have to do the changes on our test installs, and see whether any conflicts appear. A cvs 'update -r DEV_2004-05-13_GNU' + several commits should do the trick. It would be good IMHO to commit files one by one on Savannah using a per-file commit message (like the comments above).

--
Sylvain