[Savannah-hackers] [support #103162] Can't upload files on ghosts projec

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103162] Can't upload files on ghosts project (files area)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 05:49:35 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103162] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Fri 07/02/2004 at 09:47 (Europe/London)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

If you have further troubles please re-open this support tracker.

[support #103162] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Cyril Picard
On: Sun 06/27/2004 at 20:26

Category:  None

Original Submission:  I'm trying to upload files via ftp on
ftp://savannah.gnu.org/incoming/savannah/ghosts
Here come the commands that I type in:

>ftp savannah.gnu.org
Connected to savannah.gnu.org.
220 Savannah Upload FTP server ready.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
Name (savannah.gnu.org:free): anonymous
230 Login successful.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> pwd
257 "/"
ftp> cd incoming
250 Directory successfully changed.
ftp> cd savannah
250 Directory successfully changed.
ftp> cd ghosts
250 Directory successfully changed.
ftp> ls
227 Entering Passive Mode (199,232,41,3,179,135)
150 Here comes the directory listing.
226 Transfer done (but failed to open directory).
ftp> put libgedcomparser-2.0.0.tar.gz.sig
libgedcomparser-2.0.0.tar.gz.sig227 Entering Passive Mode (199,232,41,3,233,101)
553 Could not create file.

What's wrong ?

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 07/02/2004 at 09:47       By: beu
If you have further troubles please re-open this support tracker.

Date: Thu 07/01/2004 at 11:03       By: beu
And they (README{,.sig}) are now in your download area.  Let me know if you
want me to remove those for you.

Date: Wed 06/30/2004 at 21:03       By: cpcp
I've just tried with my new gpg key. It does not work apparently.
The size of libgedcomparser.2.0.0.tar.gz shall be 590560 bytes long.
I join 2 small files (README & README.sig) to validate my public key on
savannah. Can you have a look at it ?

Date: Wed 06/30/2004 at 18:12       By: beu
You need only wait a couple of hours before trying to upload again, FWIW.

The FTP server we use doesn't give out listsings partly for security and partly
because uploaded files are moved out of the incoming ftp spool once they are
moved to the download areas.

Lastly, the size of libgedcomparser.2.0.0.tar.gz is 582368 bytes long.

Date: Tue 06/29/2004 at 20:38       By: cpcp
I've just re-generated my public key, and updated it on Savannah. Tomorrow I
will retry an upload via ftp...

Is it normal that I can't see my files in the incoming ftp spool ? What is the
size of the libgedcomparser.2.0.0.tar.gz file there ?

Date: Tue 06/29/2004 at 17:30       By: beu
s/does validate/does not validate/

Date: Mon 06/28/2004 at 15:48       By: beu
I'm not sure why an error occurred as the files were created in the incoming
ftp spool.  However, upon checking the signature of the file
(libgedcomparser-2.0.0.tar.gz) I see it does validate against your public key
on Savannah:

  gpgv: Signature made Wed Jun 23 16:48:16 2004 EDT using DSA key ID BA3BBAF6
  gpgv: BAD signature from "Cyril PICARD (cpcp) <address@hidden>"

Can you double check that you have the the right public key on Savannah and
that you signed the file the right private key?

File Attachments

Date: Wed 06/30/2004 at 21:05  Name: README  Size: 1.81KB   By: cpcp

http://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?item_id=103162&amp;item_file_id=53

Date: Wed 06/30/2004 at 21:03  Name: README.sig  Size: 65B   By: cpcp