[Savannah-hackers] submission of silicybin - decentralized anarchic free

From: eyberg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of silicybin - decentralized anarchic free hacker networks - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:07:04 -0400

cyn0n rautha <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I'm not sure I found a license that really fits well with
this project. I would like for this project to have free
source code to anyone who wants it and never ever be sold
for a fee. I would like to give permission to do whatever
anyone wants with it also, modify it, use parts of it, patch it, etc--just
don't sell it.
Package: silicybin - decentralized anarchic free hacker networks
System name: silicybin
Type: non-GNU

Silicybin and the related programs that are for this decentralized
network, master control program, and the zombie nodes are to be used
for hackers that have large amounts of computers that they wish to
destroy power connotations with. All the regular p2p ammenities exist
such as file trading, chat, news, etc--however the main difference
is that it is intended to build up closely-knit hacker decentralized
hacker communities online and destroy concepts that relate towards
ownership of computers and networks. Many hackers have 5, 10, maybe
100 computers they have access to but they usually don't have a good
way to share these computers/networks with each other w/out a form
of domination being used--this is where silicybin comes in. It destroys
these false power relationships for a truly egalitarian network
experience. The code is still in alpha stage right now and is going
public because the sole maintainer needs some extra help but you
can find a copy at www.umr.edu/~eyberg/silicybin.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
just pthreads and ncurses for now but those usually exist in
common free systems

Other Comments:
I haven't really placed a license on this cause I don't like having any
license--vigilante style is more of my style ;) but one of the free
licenses that doesn't limit anyone except for capitalists to use it would be
cool

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/