Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Kar-OS - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Kar-OS - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:38:46 +0200

Package: Kar-OS
System name: karos
Type: non-GNU

This project is a Linux distribution that is aimed for people with Car
PCs, it will include all GPL software, this distribution is aimed at
people who want a Linux distribution installed on that PC for their
car, it will include software that makes that PC easier to use, it
will also include some of our software to help the user use it. If the
user has a touch screen LCD it will respond to that automatically.
This distribution will also include an installer. To sum it up, it
will make a usable Linux distribution for people that want Linux on
their Car PCs.

Other Software Required:
Since it's a Linux distribution there is no other software require, as
everything that is needed is included.

Other Comments:
It's a Linux distribution.

We cannot host distributions at Savannah.

However, you are welcome to submit any stand-alone part of it as a separate project.

Also, "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

For more information, see
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

Sylvain