Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FreeOSZoo - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FreeOSZoo - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:35:03 +0100

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:52:41AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> Un projet a ?t? soumis ? savannah.nongnu.org
> Ce courriel a ?t? envoy? ? address@hidden, address@hidden
>

> Jean-Michel Pour? <address@hidden> a d?crit le projet comme suit :
> Licence: website
> Autre Licence:
> Paquet: FreeOSZoo
> Nom syst?me: freeoszoo
> Type: non-GNU

> FreeOSZoo is a library of guest Free Operating Systems running inside QEMU
> emulator. We are working in several directions:
>
> - Package existing Free Software OSes for Qemu (not hosted on Savannah) and
> realease ready-to-run images with configuration screens. Savanna will not
> be used for that purpose.
>
> - Create a FreeOSZoo hotdelivery XML format, gathering all information
> needed to download and install FreeOSZoo images. We hope that the FreeOSZoo
> hotdelivery XML format will allow the next generation of QEMU GUIs to
> connect to a distribution site and download the needed files automatically.
>
> - Realease a QEMU GUI which will be able to connect to the FreeOSZoo library,
> download a guest OS and install it.
>
> FreeOSZoo homepage is available at the following address:
> http://www.poure.com/qemu and soon http://www.freesozoo.org

Please register your project again and include an (temporary) URL
pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
registering will not be read by the general public. If you are still
concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
email.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
catch potential omissions such as these.

Also, please note that we have not yet agreed to host your website
(as stated on http://www.poure.com/qemu/).  We are evaluating your
project as we do with all submissions at Savannah.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4