Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Blasters - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Blasters - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:10:56 +0100

Hello Richard,

I'm evaluating the project below for inclusion in Savannah, but I'm not
sure whether there would be a problem with it's main 'feature' (basically
killing off proprietary software 'icons'):

> [...]
> Our game :
>
> Freeblasters will be a multiplayer, 2D action game like metal slug in
> some ways. The context is a war between Free sotware and Proprietary
> software (classical stuff ;) ). Its main characters will be Free
> software mascots like Tux, Beastie and a gnu ;). The optionnal main
> characters are symbolics of proprietary software, optionnal because
> this might change if we encounter law problems with this.
> [...]

Does this type of project sound like it may cause problems?  Apologies
if I should send this elsewhere (If so, who would be the most
appropriate person to contact in such cases?).

Thanks,

--
Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4