Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of noisa - savannah.gnu.org

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of noisa - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:18:14 +0100

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 10:25:19AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Yaman Saqqa <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: noisa
> System name: noisa
> Type: GNU

Your project is not part of the GNU project, and as such, cannot be
a project of type `GNU'.  If your project is accepted, it will be
hosted at nongnu.org.

> noisa is an Open Source effort to come up with a practical, enterprise
> oriented Internet gateway capable of providing a user/group oriented
> customization of user's Intranet/Internet activities, like packet
> filtering, traffic shaping and content filtering.
>
> The project is to dynamically load the user's rules, once the user is
> authenticated. Noisa depends, on the most powerful open source tools,
> such as iptables, tc, with OpenLDAP as the back end database and
> authentication server.

Note that Savannah supports projects of the Free Software movement,
not projects of the Open Source movement.

We are careful about ethical issues and insist on producing software
that is not dependent on proprietary software.

While Open Source as defined by its founders means something pretty
close to Free Software, it's frequently misunderstood.  For more
information, read
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

> Other Software Required:
> MS Windows clients will be supported.
>
> Other Comments:
> The project is still in the planning phases but looks very promising
> and exciting.

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4