Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Humdai Linux - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Humdai Linux - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:58:47 +0100

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:49:12AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Stephen Pointer <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: Humdai Linux
> System name: humdailinux
> Type: non-GNU

> Linux Distribution with special emphasis on web based
> administration. The usual array of server software is
> included and setup to be configured over the web. Along with
> a light X environment with a small number of tools for the
> network administrator. All of the software involved is
> available under an Open Source license. It is to be released
> in two iso images, one bootable install CD and once source
> SRPM CD. Each release will fit on 2x80min CD (one install,
> one source). Most distributions on installation of the
> server software and then installation of webmin require
> additional tweeking to allow proper functioning, the aim of
> this project is to provide an out-the-box and working
> approach to installation where the work is done by the
> install program easing the load on the administrator. Also
> the basic installation provides some tools for the
> administrator to use in a lightweight X environment. The aim
> is to provide new releases every 3-6 months, to provide
> patches and improvements. The project will not be porting
> software to a new hardware platform. We intend to provide an automated
> mechanism for users to update to the latest release of your
> software at a later date. Packages will mainly be RPM/SRPM
> but also make use of some tar.gz. Versions will be released
> only in Beta and Stable Release Only one member of the team
> will be directly updating the package tree at the initial
> stages.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to
refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software
movement.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

> The distribution and source CD's are not yet available on the
> internet, they are still in beta and no hosting has been
> negociated yet.
>
> Other Software Required:
> There are a couple of Java classes built into webmin, these work
> fine with Kaffe.
>
> Other Comments:
> The Linux Distribution used as a base was Fedora, stripped down
> and Fluxbox, Webmin and Firefox added.  All trademarks specified
> on Fedora.redhat.com were removed.

As stated diring registrations, we are unable to host distributions.
We can host parts of your project, a package manager, scripts used
to build the distro, but not the whole thing.

If you want to do this, please re-submit those parts of your project.

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4