Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TribeStrive - savannah.gnu.org

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TribeStrive - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:55:48 +0100

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:15:12PM -0700, Jarmaug wrote:
> --- Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > During registration, you selected `GNU' as the type of your project.  Do
> > you intend requesting your project become part of the GNU project?
> >

> The source code that mine is derived from is GNU GPL, I have no choice, do I?

You certainly do have a choice!

The licensing of a project does not mandate which overall project it
is a member of.  Just because you use the GPL, it does not mean that
your project has to be part of the GNU project.

See
https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt
for more information.

If you do not intend on requesting that your project become part of the
GNU project, I can approve the project as non-GNU.

--
Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4