Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 00:11:57 +0200

> > >   Is it possible to make commit messages for these modules go to the
> > >   cp-tools-commit mailinglist?
> >
> > Yes, done.
>
> I just added a README file to the automakejar module.
> But haven't seen a commit message on address@hidden

I didn't setup commit_prep+log_info properly :/
It should work now, I tested the configuration on a test project.

> > > - The tasks, patches and bug tracker items must be moved to the
> > >   classpath trackers. If this isn't possible automatically then
> > >   we can do it by hand for the open items, there aren't that many.
> >
> > It seems possible. However, I have to make some non-trivial changes
> > because some the "Category" field values are not the same. I'll will
> > try the changes on my test install first (later because I do not have
> > access to it right now).
>
> Please let me know if this is much work. It can be done by hand if
> necessary. That way we also get a chance to see all open items and make
> sure they are still valid. So it won't be completely wasted time.

Do you need to move closed items? If you don't, maybe it would be
quicker to move the opened item by hand, indeed.

> Except for the commit messages going to the mailinglist everything seems
> to work fine. Thanks a lot for your work making this go so fast and
> smoothly!

Thanks :)

Also, do you need something to be done for project 'cp-tools'? (for
example, empty it and change its type to 'redirection')

--
Sylvain