[Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savane news

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savane news
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:50:33 +0000

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

> Keep in mind that Savane itself is easy and quick to install if you
> only need the frontend. What is long is setting up the rest of the
> system (cron jobs, mailing lists...). I think installing it is the
> best solution for you to test the project. I can provide help if
> needed.

Thanks for the offer... it's not setting up the front end that is a
problem.

It's the database that is the problem. I have tested my querys on a
subset of savannah data. But clearly I need an entire database to test
the thing.

In short I need real data. I don't really want to take an entire
database dump just to test this unless there is no existing test
frame.

But here's a follow up question: if there isn't a test frame then
is there a regular database dump done on the savannah machine? If so
where?

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk