Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savane news

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: RSS for savane news
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:01:24 +0100

> > Keep in mind that Savane itself is easy and quick to install if you
> > only need the frontend. What is long is setting up the rest of the
> > system (cron jobs, mailing lists...). I think installing it is the
> > best solution for you to test the project. I can provide help if
> > needed.
>
> Thanks for the offer... it's not setting up the front end that is a
> problem.
>

> It's the database that is the problem. I have tested my querys on a
> subset of savannah data. But clearly I need an entire database to test
> the thing.
>
> In short I need real data. I don't really want to take an entire
> database dump just to test this unless there is no existing test
> frame.
>

> But here's a follow up question: if there isn't a test frame then
> is there a regular database dump done on the savannah machine? If so
> where?

You can copy the script in /savannah/www/test and do some tests here
if you want.

No, we do not have a testing facility at Savannah :) - people usually
try to get one at home by following the instructions in the "Hacking
Savannah" guide.

A recent dump can be found in ~svadmin, else you can generate a new
one.

--
Sylvain