[Savannah-hackers] [support #103634] unable to subscribe with gmail.com-

From: anonymous
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:51:52 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103634] Latest Modifications:

Changes by: Anonymous user
Date:
                Fri 12/03/2004 at 17:37

Sigh...

I used a comma instead of a period.

I need new glases, bigger monitor or a sharper brain.

Thanks.

[support #103634] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Thu 12/02/2004 at 14:47

Category:  Mail server

Original Submission:  I am not able to subscribe to mailing lists on savannah
using a gmail.com-address. I enter my address "address@hidden" together with
the password information.

The subscription is then rejected with the following reason: "Your subscription
is not allowed because the email address you gave is insecure."

I am now subscribed to qemu-devel thanks to Rusty Russell (project admin or
something) - he subscribed me using "mass" subscription.

FYI, the same thing happens with sourceforge.

If you need an invitation to gmail to solve this let me know.

Thanks,

/ magnus

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Fri 12/03/2004 at 17:37       By: 0 <None>
Sigh...

Date: Fri 12/03/2004 at 17:32       By: 0 <None>
That I did not confirm the subscription? Well, I have not received any email to
confirm. So yes and no. =)

Please, try to subscribe me to any list at savannah using the address info in
the original submission.

I first thought it had something to do with spaces at the end of the email
address, but I dont think that is the issue  anymore, I have typed in the
address manually three times now, and well - _now_ it works! But I am not able
to repeat it, I wonder if this is some problem with firefox...

I subscribed to two gnome lists earlier today, that worked.

Thanks,

/ magnus

Date: Fri 12/03/2004 at 16:45       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
Michael, who has a gmail.com address, tried, and got no problem. Jim from the
mail system administration suppose that you didn't confirm your subscription
appropriately.

What do you think?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103634>