Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NetHack Proxy - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NetHack Proxy - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:25:55 -0300

"J. Ali Harlow" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Arlow,

>> No so complicated as you think, you just have to include the
>> Copyright Notices and the little License Notices after the tittle. As
>> you can read in the fdl-howto, you just have to put the license
>> notices in the main file of your document(maybe nhproxy-docs.sgml?),
>> if you cannot include the copyright notices in all other files(maybe
>> you should try to find if gtk-doc can do this), you can create a file
>> called 'DOCS.LICENSE' and include here, the copyright and the little
>> license notices for all other files.
>
> I've added a copyright notice to nhproxy-docs.sgml and a copy of
> fdl.xml to the reference manual. gtk-doc has a very simple format for
> the template files so I am not able to add any copyright or license
> notices to the files in tmpl. I couldn't find any information on the
> web about using a DOCS.LICENSE file, so I would be grateful if you
> could either provide a URL or give a quick example of what such a file
> might contain and which directory it should be placed (doc/reference or
> doc/reference/tmpl I assume).

Well, you can named the file as you want it, I just recommend you
called 'DOCS.LICENSE', because the name itself say something about the
license of the documents. This file should container just the
Copyright and License Notices for all the docs files, in this case
something like this:

      Copyright (C) 2004 J. Ali Harlow

      Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
      under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2
      or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
      with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover
         Texts.  A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU
      Free Documentation License".

Nothing more, and you should put it into doc/refernce and
doc/reference/tmpl.

>> There's no problem in keep the current copyright holder, if your are
>> going to release it as a team, is ok :).
>
>I've sent an email to the members of the Slash'EM development team to
>ask them to explicitly give their permissions. Warren and Pekka have
>already replied. I imagine Clive and Paul will do so fairly shortly.

Can you provide us with more information about this point when you get
the answer of the last two persons?